Thursday, February 14, 2013

Jim's Comic Reviews: Mind The Gap

This time, I published the review over at Captain Blue Hen's website:

Jim's Comic Reviews:  The Elle Word

I said as much on Jim McCann's G+ page, but I think it was in issue #3, the scene where Jo is dancing on the bed after receiving a psychic tweet from Elle in a dream, where it hit home for me how human and believable the characters are as written.  Those types of reactions are not things that occur to every writer of comics, especially in the superhero-centric genres, but McCann really inhabits and empathizes with his characters.  I know Mind The Gap was originally envisioned for television, and this seems to come through in the settings and scenery...which leads me to wonder about comparisons with McCann's more comic-oriented efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment